Select Page

How Making Peace with Food Changes the World

Jillian Lampert, PhD, Chief Strategy Officer, The Emily Program

About 30 million people in America will have an eating disorder in their lifetime. Every 62 minutes somebody in this country will die from an eating disorder. Shocking statistics. What is even more shocking is that only about 30 percent of people with eating disorders are treated. The other 70 percent don’t receive care. Why? The answers are complex, but most involve a misunderstanding of the disease, the stigma surrounding it and our society’s obsession with thinness.

Dr. Jillian Lampert, chief strategy officer of The Emily Program, a national leader in eating disorder awareness, treatment and recovery asked us what would happen if we made peace with food, our bodies and the bodies of other people? In addition to her work at The Emily Program, Jillian co-founded and serves as president of the residential eating disorders consortium. She is treasurer of the eating disorder coalition, an eating disorders policy and advocacy organization in Washington, D.C. and speaks nationally on the subject of eating disorders.

In this video you’ll discover:

  • How we need to rid ourselves of the shame surrounding food
  • What being a mindful or a neutral eater involves
  • How eating, moving, coping and sleeping well affects our bodies
  • How to befriend our bodies and accept the bodies of others
  • The movement toward body positivity today

> Download the transcript

Why join us?

"It’s inspirational. It showed such different and pioneering thoughts on how we can change health care, and made it personal. Each story needed to be told, and it undoubtedly left an impression on all fortunate enough to have been there."

–Caspar Szulc,
2018 speaker from
Innovative Medicine

Watch 2018 Speakers

Creation of