Context Matters: Design Matters
Denise C. Tahara, Ph.D., New York Medical College
Denise Tahara, Ph.D., tells us what we think of as a health care system, really wasn’t designed for health and healing. She says to effect change, we must start with a blank page and use context and design to reimagine how our health care system cares for patients.
Denise teaches courses in systems thinking, leadership and decision making. She also works with organizations on performance improvement, integrative care, pediatric obesity and food insecurity. She helps organizations leverage existing resources to innovate and engage, create strategic partnerships with local community leaders, and invest in the long-term health of their neighborhoods.
In this video you’ll discover:
- The definition of a system and how it operates.
- What system thinking is and how it can effect change.
- The importance of finding and including the voice of the patient.
- How to recognize failures and opportunities.
- Who needs to be at the table.
- A roadmap to designing a new approach to care to include wellness and well-being.